We often hear people using the term ‘immigration fraud’, but what exactly does it mean? Well, the term is used to denote any breach, or attempt to breach the immigration laws of a particular country. Immigration fraud typically occurs when people try to:
- Provide information that is either false or misleading so as to support their visa application while applying for Cyprus citizenship by investment
- Present a passport or other documents that are altered or false in an attempt to support their visa application
- Help someone visit or live in a country for which they do not hold a visa, or the right type of visa
- Provide false information to a person visiting a country with regards to their purpose of travel, or the type of work that they will indulge in upon arrival
If truth be told, there are countless ways in which one might end up indulging in immigration fraud. For this reason, it is necessary for you to learn about all these different ways to make sure that you do not end up being dubbed as an offender of the country that you are visiting.
The basic types of immigration fraud
- Marriage based immigration fraud
Amongst the many different types of immigration frauds that are prevalent these days, one that truly stands out is that of individuals getting married to a citizen of the said country with the sole intention of acquiring permanent residence there. Believe it or not, but this particular type of immigration fraud is one of the most prevalent at the moment. There are also quite a few people out there who enter a said country with more than one spouse, although they are not allowed to do so. With the passage of time, more and more instances of one-sided marriage based immigration fraud are being reported. It is for this reason that the immigration system of many different countries has been put to the question, with its integrity compromised on several levels. In many countries, it is necessary for partners to have been together for a minimum of 2 years prior to applying for permanent residence status and second passport UK, but people have found their ways around this issue, and largely end up committing immigration fraud.
- Document fraud
Another means of committing immigration fraud is that which is conducted through documentation. In such cases, immigrants provide documents that are either false or altered in order to make their way across the authorities. The sorts of documents that are most commonly falsified are inclusive of:
- Police certificates
- Birth and marriage certificates etc.
The rise in cases of immigration fraud has deemed it necessary for several countries to take strict steps and intensify their visa policies. It is for this reason that they now carry out extensive checks on all visa applicants.